Location: Programs & Services
>> Volunteer Program
>> Volunteer Programs
>> Inpatient Volunteer
Volunteers who participate in our inpatient program interact with patients staying at the hospital. They have the opportunity to help these patients with various requirements, and each patient has their own specific needs. Our inpatient volunteers help to orient patients into the nursing unit and provide a calm supportive environment for the patients themselves as well as their families.
- Provide friendly conversation to patients.
- Help patients fill out their menu cards and help them access, and clear when finished, their meal trays.
- Ensure the comfort of our patients by providing them with their room items (TV remote, call bell etc.).
- Help to liaison messages from patients such as requests for television and telephone.
- Run errands for patients if they request.
- Escort patients for short walks if they wish, such as trips to the Gift Shop.
- The Inpatient Volunteer schedule is approximately 1:00pm – 4:00pm (during any of 7 days a week).
Back to Volunteer Programs Continue to Application
South Huron Hospital Foundation
Visit the SHHF Website
Donate to the SHHA Foundation
Donate to the SHHA Auxiliary
or E-mail: click here
South Huron Medical Centre: