Location: Programs & Services
>> Volunteer Program
>> Volunteer Programs
>> Liaison Volunteer
Volunteers who participate in our liaison program interact with patients in all forms (inpatients and outpatients) and facilitate the flow of information from the patient to various sources and vice versa. The ultimate goal of liaison volunteers is to ensure the efficiency in information transfer and to provide the comfort to families that comes with knowing the most up-to-date information on their patient family member.
- Provide a comforting and supportive atmosphere for the family and friends of patients.
- Act as the link of information between the hospital staff and the family and friends of patients.
- Providing families with the most up-to-date information on the status of the patient and visiting hours.
- Ensure the waiting areas are kept in good order.
- Escort families to the appropriate areas of the hospital during visiting hours.
- Ensure that hand hygiene is performed by everyone, including patients, staff and friends and family of patients. Hand hygiene includes alcohol-based hand sanitizer and washing hands at sinks.
The Liaison Volunteer schedules are approximately 8:00am – 11:00am and 1:00pm – 4:00pm (during any of 7 days a week).
Exact days and times will vary.
Back to Volunteer Programs Continue to Application
South Huron Hospital Foundation
Visit the SHHF Website
Donate to the SHHA Foundation
Donate to the SHHA Auxiliary
or E-mail: click here
South Huron Medical Centre: