Location: Programs & Services
>> Volunteer Program
>> Volunteer Programs
>> Outpatient Volunteer
Volunteers who participate in our outpatient program interact with patients visiting clinics at the hospital and medical centre. The location of clinics can often be confusing for outpatients and our volunteers help to guide them to the proper areas of the hospital and medical centre. They provide the appropriate information and support to facilitate an efficient outpatient experience.
- Greet patients upon their arrival and directing them to the appropriate areas of SHHA and SHMC.
- Communicate with patients to ensure their comfort throughout their time as an outpatient.
- Escort patients to the appropriate areas of the clinic, whether at the hospital or medical centre.
- Greet family members of the outpatients and let them know the details and progress of the clinic.
- Ensure the waiting areas are kept in good order.
- Provide assistance to registration during busy clinics.
The Outpatient Volunteer schedules are approximately 8:00am – 11:00am and 1:00pm – 4:00pm (during any day Monday – Friday, with emphasis on Wednesday mornings). Some areas also include evening clinic hours.
Exact days and times will vary by clinic.
Back to Volunteer Programs Continue to Application
South Huron Hospital Foundation
Visit the SHHF Website
Donate to the SHHA Foundation
Donate to the SHHA Auxiliary
or E-mail: click here
South Huron Medical Centre: