Location: Programs & Services
>> WHMIS Program
WHMIS Program Introduction
Login to course - click here
SHHA Online WHMIS Program
Welcome to the SHHA’s WHMIS on-line. This program, developed in consultation with the Joint Health and Safety Committee, provides comprehensive WHMIS training for all SHHA staff on-line 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
The Goal of this program is:
- To educate employees about working safely with hazardous materials present in the workplace.
- To reduce and eliminate workplace injuries and illnesses resulting from exposure to hazardous materials.
- To comply with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) legislation.
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Apply the principles of WHMIS legislation.
- Communicate the three key elements of the WHMIS program.
- Identify the six classifications and eight hazard symbols.
- Know the difference between supplier and workplace labelling.
- Access information on a MSDS.
- Know about the hazards associated with exposures to controlled products - chemical, biological, physical.
- Test your knowledge by completing the on-line WHMIS quiz available at the end of the modules.
Click below to start Module 1 - "WHMIS Basics" of the E-Learning program or navigate through the modules by clicking one of the links at the top of the page.
Next (WHMIS Basics)
South Huron Hospital Foundation
Visit the SHHF Website
Donate to the SHHA Foundation
Donate to the SHHA Auxiliary
or E-mail: click here
South Huron Medical Centre: