Location: Your Privacy
>> Privacy Education
>> Module 3 - Patient Rights
Your Privacy is Important to US
A patient/client/resident has the right to:
Consent or refuse the collection, use, and disclosure of their personal health information (PHI). Refusal is subject to legal exceptions, such as a warrant or a subpoena.
- Access their PHI at any time.
- Request changes to information they feel is inaccurate.
- Know who accesses and uses their PHI. The individual may request an audit.
- Know to whom their PHI has been disclosed.
- Challenge the hospital's compliance with privacy laws.
Next (Maintaining Confidentiality)
South Huron Hospital Foundation
Visit the SHHF Website
Donate to the SHHA Foundation
Donate to the SHHA Auxiliary
or E-mail: click here
South Huron Medical Centre: